The stethoscope is the most used medical device on earth. Despite this statistic only 10-30% of clinical personnel attempt to clean or disinfectant between patient use. *
This neglect exponentially increases the contamination on the chest piece that remains after every use. Consequently, the potential of transmitting infectious micro-organisms is real. *
A recent survey shows that 5%-7% of Healthcare Associated Infections (HAI) and Clinic Acquired Infections (CAI) can be attributed to the use of the stethoscope.
The first desktop apparatus that will disinfect a stethoscope.
Designed to ensure hygiene and assist in the eradication of Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI) and Clinic Acquired Infections (CAI). Thanks to the Innovative use of UV-C
STETCUBE is a small innovative UV-C disinfection cube, designed for easy use and constant access by doctors and healthcare professionals.
STETCUBE has a life of 50,000 uses, this equates to approximately A$0.008 cent per application (10 years min). Not much for peace of mind.
STETCUBE is light (100 gm) and has a small footprint that makes it perfect for use on the desk. A bracket is also supplied that permits the cube to be attached to a hospital trolley or wall mounted.
- Innovative UV-C LED technology.
- Automatic double level of treatment: 3 minutes for standard disinfection, 2 minutes more for a deeper disinfection.
- Compatible with every stethoscope type and dimension (paediatric, neonatal, cardiology.
- Microprocessor for irradiation and security controls.
- Special polycarbonate body.
- Status light indicator: ongoing treatment, treatment complete, low battery, or malfunction.
- Rechargeable battery with standard micro USB cable.
- High battery autonomy.
HOW TO USE
- After opening the cover, position the stethoscope into the cone inside the box, being careful to lock it by the hooks upwards and downwards.
- The treatment begins automatically when the cover is closed. The LED activation is indicated by a blinking blue light indicates the disinfecting process is in progress.
- Automatic shutdown occurs at the end of the complete five (5) minute treatment cycle.
- Instantaneous automatic shutdown of the process occurs if the cover is opened at any time.
- Complete specifications and instructions are supplied with each unit.
STETCUBE is TGA Listed and CE marked