STETCUBE SANITISES WITH ADVANCED UV-C TECHNOLOGY
The stethoscope is the most used medical device on earth. Despite this statistic only 10-30% of clinical personnel attempt to clean or sanitize the stethoscope head piece between patient use.
This neglect exponentially increases the contamination on the chest piece that remains after every use. Consequently, the potential of transmitting infectious micro-organisms is real.
A recent survey shows that 5%-7% of Healthcare Associated Infections (HAI) and Clinic Acquired Infections (CAI) can be attributed to the use of the stethoscope.
STETCUBE is a small innovative UV-C sanitation cube, designed for easy use and constant access by doctors and healthcare professionals.
STETCUBE has a life of 50,000 uses, this equates to approximately A$0.008 cent per application (10 years min). Not much for peace of mind.
STETCUBE is light (100 gm) and has a small footprint that makes it perfect for use on the desk. A bracket is also supplied that permits the cube to be attached to a hospital trolley or wall mounted.
- Innovative UV-C LED technology.
- Automatic double level of treatment: 3 minutes for standard sanitation, 2 minutes more for a deeper sanitisation.
- Compatible with every stethoscope type and dimension (paediatric, neonatal, cardiology.
- Microprocessor for irradiation and security controls.
- Special polycarbonate body.
- Status light indicator: ongoing treatment, treatment complete, low battery, or malfunction.
- Rechargeable battery with standard micro USB cable.
- High battery autonomy.
HOW TO USE
- After opening the cover, position the stethoscope into the cone inside the box, being careful to lock it by the hooks upwards and downwards.
- The treatment begins automatically when the cover is closed. The LED activation is indicated by a blinking blue light indicates the sanitising process is in progress.
- Automatic shutdown occurs at the end of the complete five (5) minute treatment cycle.
- Instantaneous automatic shutdown of the process occurs if the cover is opened at any time.
- Complete specifications and instructions are supplied with each unit.
STETCUBE is TGA Listed and CE marked
- “Stethoscope Hygiene – Healthcare Acquired Infection” Elsevier
- “Contamination of Stethoscopes and Physicians’ Hands After a Physical Examination” Mayo Clinic 2014. Yves Longtin, MD. et al
- “A new UV-LED device for disinfection of stethoscope membranes” University of Siena. American Journal of Infection Control